Saturday, February 7, 2009

Mio el Camino de Santiago de Compostela - 6

Day 6


It's dark outside and it's raining. It's a bit cold. Yesterday was almost like summer. I could see that the mountains were covered with clouds. The landlady insisted that I stay for another day. Before noon, the sky cleared and she showed me the mountains capped with snow. That clearing didn't last long. Soon it was covered again with clouds.


Although it's still raining, I went out and walked around. That walk made me realize that my shoes were not suitable for wet weather. Reluctantly, I bought the cheapest waterproof shoes I could find. But for EU57 a pair, they were not cheap for me at all.


Since it was raining, I spent a lot of time in the church today, thinking about nothing. The locals were busy preparing the church for Easter Sunday services. I remembered my high school days. Being a parish choir member, I was quite active in our local church activities in those days.


I found a local, traditional looking French restaurant. After having a very nice dinner, I went back to the B&B. I decided that no matter what weather tomorrow brings, I would continue my trip. I am 2 days behind my itinerary. I was given a visa with only the exact number of days to complete the Compostela, not another leasure day to spare.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment