Sunday, February 22, 2009

Mio el Camino de Santiago de Compostela -13

Day 13


I woke up today with a swollen left ankle.


Before sunrise, I went to see the Cathedral open. I was hoping there would be an early morning mass. Unfortunately, there was none. But with the plaza empty of tourists, it was a peaceful sight to take photos of. Before I left the plaza, there was a lady playing with her flute. She was also a pilgrim. The soft melody she was playing echoed throughout the plaza grounds. But the sweet sound it made added beauty to the glory of the magnificent Leon Cathedral.


Leaving the church grounds with that memorable scene, I walked back to the hotel for breakfast.


After some more sleep, I made a city round to see what the city had to offer at daylight, and to warm up my tired feet. It's already 1pm anyway. I saw that there was a wedding at the cathedral. The newlyweds were coming out. I tried to sneak in and learned that the cathedral was under renovation, so it's not open to the public. The city has a lot to offer so I went to visit other churches, and other equally historical buildings.


Then I returned to the hotel for an early night sleep. I planned to sleep a lot because of my swollen ankle. But the people above my room kept me awake until 3:30 am. It's an old building with wooden floor. So with every movement, the floor squeaked.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment