Friday, February 27, 2009

Mio el Camino de Santiago de Compostela -17

Day 17


Still in Sarria.


With an empty stomach and deprived of sleep, I felt so physically weak. My stomach also weakened. I felt so weak that my breakfast was limited to a couple of sliced fruits and a cup of tea. My plan was to have a long ride today and the weather looked good. But having no extra energy at all, I decided to take a rest. I went back to my room and called the front desk to extend my stay for one more night. I said, "mas una noche por favor" to the best of my Spanish language ability without even knowing if it was actually correct. But the front desk said okay so maybe I was right.


I spent the whole day sleeping. But when the night came and I got worried. I haven't eaten anything since breakfast and tomorrow's a long day. I ordered some room service. The food certainly looked and smelled delicious. Unfortunately though, I still got no appetite. Even after forcing myself, I only managed to eat very little and slept with a growling stomach. I fell asleep thinking how a banana could become so helpful in this desperate situation yet not actually available in real desperate times.


Lesson: It is unwise to eat food with lots of vinegar and drink soda.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment